Company History

The company was originally founded in 1948 as H&D Flinn Ltd by the late Mr. Hugo V. Flinn. It was later renamed Public Works Ltd in 1963 and was one of the largest civil engineering companies in Ireland during the 1970s. With a rare vision for opportunity Mr. Flinn then established PW Nigeria Ltd in1974. The new company was formed in close partnership with both Irish and Nigerian investors and it is this partnership that has enabled the company to grow into one of the largest Contracting Companies in Nigeria with a reputation for quality and professionalism.

PW Nigeria Ltd has a wide range of valuable clients. On the governmental side these include The Federal Ministry of Works and Housing, The Federal Aviation Authority of Nigeria, FERMA, the Federal Ministry of Water Resources, the Federal Capital Development Authority and the Nigerian Ports Authority. At the State level they have worked extensively with the Ministries of Kaduna, Plateau, Nasarawa, Taraba, Adamawa, Enugu, Benue, Ogun, Lagos. They have also worked with a long and distinguished list of Private clients such as Chevron and Shell  in the oil industry and practically every major bank in Nigeria for private property infrastructure development.

The Company has always had a very strong policy of substantial re-investment in Nigeria. It has an extensive and modern fleet of construction equipment and a highly trained and dedicated staff. It is highly committed to the continued development of Nigeria and its aim of being one of the foremost and leading countries not just in Africa, but the World.

The PW Group website represents the operations and activities of PW Nigeria Limited .

Website Development by IPAG (Ireland) Ltd